To verify that the application was successfully installed, it is important to test out at least a few basic functions of ExamDeveloper such as writing a sample Question, searching for that Question, adding it to a sample Exam Form, etc. You can follow the below mentioned steps.
The ExamDeveloper application supports two types of logins: Admin and a regular user.
Using the ExamDeveloper Admin Console
Once ExamDeveloper application setup is completed, you must first log into the Admin console to set up the application to use for users.
- Login to ExamDeveloper, using Username EDISupport and the provided Password. You can also create your own admin users as detailed in Add a User.
- On logging in, the OrgView.aspx page is displayed. Click Add in the left-side menu. Enter details as in below example and click Submit:
Click on the Users link in the top menu. Click Add in the left menu. Enter user details, select the name of the Organization created in step 3 from the Organization drop-down, and click Submit.
- Click on Item Bank link in the top menu. Click Add in the left menu. Select the name of the Organization created in step 3 from the Organization drop-down, select Standard ItemBank from the Type drop-down, select the username created in the previous step from the Item Bank Admin list to assign administrator rights, enter the name of the Item Bank in Name, and click Submit.
You can now proceed to login as the regular user and access the application's UI.
How to write a Question - A sample use case
- Logout and login with the username created in step 3 in ExamDeveloper Admin Console.
- On logging in, the Project Authorization page is displayed and you are prompted to enter responses to any five of the listed Project authorization questions. This is a one-time exercise. Enter any five responses and click Submit.
- Click I Agree on the USER LICENSE AGREEMENT page to proceed.
The default project is listed in the Dashboard section as a link with the same name as the Item Bank created in step 4 of the ExamDeveloper Admin Console.
- In the top menu, click the Manage link. In the top sub-menu, click on Users link. Create a new user. Enter the user details and in the Assign Projects list box, select your Item Bank name and click Submit.
- In the top sub-menu, click on Settings link. In the left side menu, click on Configuration link. In the body of the page, select Questions tab. Under Write Configuration heading, de-select the Yes check box, in front of Questions must have references. Under the Validate Configuration heading, select 1 in the drop-down Number of people needed to validate a question and click Update button at the bottom of the page.
- In the left-side menu, click on Review Workflow link. Select 1 from the Number of reviewers needed to advance a question drop-down. Select 1 from the Number of reviewers needed to return a question drop-down. Click Update.
- In the left side menu, click Project Summary link. In the Project Status drop-down, select Active from the drop-down, and click Change Status.
- In the top sub-menu, click Users. In the left-side menu, select Create Roles link. Create a role and in the Permissions list, select Create Questions and Save icon.
- In the left-side menu, select Assign Roles link. In the Assign Roles list box, ensure that the new role is also selected along with Project Manager, against the first user created in step 3 in ExamDeveloper Admin Console and click Save.
- In the top menu, click on Develop Questions link. In the top sub-menu, click Write Item link. In the body of the page, click on the Write Question link.
- Enter the Question Stem, Answer Options, select one correct Answer Option, and click Submit.
- Click Submit again in the Confirm Submit popup to save the Question.