MCQ, One Correct Option is the default item type in ExamDeveloper.
- Select the Develop Questions → Write Item menu.
- Click the Write Question link.
On the Write Question page, select MCQ, One Correct Option from the Question Type drop-down list.
Create an MCQ, One Correct Option Item
Add the question in the Question Stem field. The Question Stem is the question which the candidate must answer. It should have all of the information required for a candidate to answer it. It can have assets and tables and it can also be formatted, for example, font style and other table features.
Use the Answer Options fields to specify each answer a candidate may select. You must enter one answer in each Answer Option field.
The default setting is four Answer Options, but the Project Manager might choose to allow items with a different number of Answer Options by selecting the Allow Differing Option Count setting on the Questions tab of the project's Configuration page. If differing option counts are allowed, you’ll see the Add Distractor icon after the stem and Remove Distractor icon corresponding to Answer Options. Use the Add Distractor icon to add an option, and use the Remove Distractor icon to remove the corresponding Answer Option.
- Specify which of the options is correct by selecting the Correct option to the left of the Answer Options field.
- Use the Move Up and Move Down icons if you need to reorder the options.
- You have several options to Save the item.
- Click the Add Question to Case button save the item and create a new case. The item is automatically attached to the case. Only users with permission to create cases will see this button.
- Click the Save button. The item is saved and the item is checked out preventing other users from making edits to the item. You remain on the Write Question page where further edits can be made to the item.
- Click the Preview button. Changes to the item are saved, the item is checked-out, and the item is opened in the Preview window. Only users with permission to preview items will see this button.
- To save an incomplete item, click Save and Exit. The item is saved in a Draft state and checked in so any users with access to the item may make edits to the item. It is visible in the Draft/Returned Questions tab of the Project Writing Summary page.
To submit the item for review, click Submit. The item is saved and checked-in so any users with access to the item may make edits to the item. The item is advanced to the next reviewer in the list or to the next stage in the workflow.