The purpose of the Display-Type items is to provide information to the candidate. Candidates do not respond to Display-Type items. Scoring is not applicable for this type of item.
- Select the Develop Questions → Write Item menu.
- Click the Write Question link.
On the Write Question page, select Display-Type from the Question Type drop-down list.
Create a Display-Type Item
- Add rich text information in the Question Stem field using the Rich Text editor. The Question Stem should include all of the information required for a candidate to answer the item. It can have assets and tables and it can also be formatted, for example, font style and other table features.
You have several options to Save the item.
- Click the Add Question to Case button save the item and create a new case. The item is automatically attached to the case. Only users with permission to create cases will see this button.
- Click the Save button. The item is saved and the item is checked-out preventing other users from making edits to the item. You remain on the Write Question page where further edits can be made to the item.
- Click the Preview button. Changes to the item are saved, the item is checked-out, and the item is opened in the Preview window. Only users with permission to preview items will see this button.
- To save an incomplete item, click Save and Exit. The item is saved in a Draft state and checked-in so any user with access to the item may make edits to the item. It is visible in the Draft/Returned Questions tab of the Project Writing Summary page.
- To submit the item for review, click Submit. The item is saved and checked-n so any users with access to the item may make edits to the item. The item is advanced to the next reviewer in the list or to the next stage in the workflow.