It is possible to translate an exam section into any language available for the current project according to the Item Bank configuration. This includes the following prerequisite to work correctly:
- The items contained in the source exam section, must have translated versions of the item having the language code to which the exam section must be translated.
The cloned and translated exam section is set to the Draft state and the name is prefixed with "Copy of". It contains all the translated version items from the original exam section having the selected language code.
Clone and translate an exam section
- Select the Create Exam → View Sections menu.
- Click the Clone / Translate Section icon corresponding to the exam section.
- In the pop-up that appears, select the radio button Clone and translate to target language, select the target Language Code from the Translate this section to drop-down list, and click the Clone and translate button. The Translate this section to drop-down lists only the language codes available for the current project according to its Item Bank configuration.
- The pop-up displays the progress status of the translation process and lists the target language code selected in the previous step.
- The cloned and translated exam section is placed in the Draft state with the name of the original exam section suffixed by ".(Language Code)" (where the actual language code is displayed). It contains all the translated version items from the original exam section with the target language code selected in the earlier step.
- A CSV report is also generated and downloaded containing the translation details.
- You can save the translated exam section and edit it later if required to add more items and assets as required.