- Ensure that the self-hosted.properties file updated in steps 1 and 2 of Upgrading from 7.1704 to 7.1705 is placed in folder C:\EnvProp\. Also, ensure that the secure.properties file created in step 3 of Upgrading from 7.1704 to 7.1705 is placed in folder C:\SecProp\.
|title||ItemGroup Database Setup|
We are Migrating the application and from below 7.1807 to 7.1807 or higher version we need to execute this step and create Itemgroup DB. If we already created Itemgroup DB we can skip this step.
From 1807 release, we introduced a new Microservice: Item Group. This will be utilized for managing groups of items in future releases.
In order to set it up, we need to configure a new database first.
Open SQL Server Management Studio and connect to the one being used with ExamDeveloper.
Right-click Database node in Object Explorer and select New Database from the context menu.
Name the database Itemgroup on the general tab and accept the default settings. If we are using multiple instances in the same server we need to provide different names for each instance like for example Itemgroup_BETA / Itemgroup_PROD.
Go to Security → Logins, and right-click Properties on the user that is utilized for ExamDeveloper login. For example; ED is shown in below picture
Assign the same permissions given to another database to the Itemgroup database.
Enable Snapshot isolation for ItemGroup database name in step e using the following commands tougher from Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio :
ALTER DATABASE [ItemGroup]
SET ALLOW_SNAPSHOT_ISOLATION ON
- Create SVNScript folder in D drive.
Download the Migrate-SVNClient.ps1 script file and save it on D:\SVNScript \. (see attachment Migrate SVN clients to Target location)
Open Windows PowerShell as Administrator. Change the location of the script to be located inside D:\SVNScript folder.
- Bypass the PowerShell execution policy with the following command and press enter, while asking the confirmation press "y" and enter:
While setting versions in point f above, instead of 1805 we need to use 1805.1 and also instead of 1809 we need use 1809.01
Run the command ./Migrate-SVNClient.ps1 -download -installServices -installWebApplication -SVNFilesDownloadPath D:\SVNScript -instanceName 'Standard' -versions <Version List>. where are Version List is versions of current version to It will start to upgrade the application to the target version.
If current version is 1806 1911 and we are migrating the application from 1806 1911 to 1905 1912 command will be ./Migrate-SVNClient.ps1 -download -installServices -installWebApplication installWebApplication -preconditions -SVNFilesDownloadPath D:\SVNScript -currentVersion "18061911" -targetVersion "19051912" -instanceName "clientStandard"
- download: This flag will be used to download files from the SVN repository to a local folder. while doing the second instance (SideBySide) in the same server we can remove this flag form from the command because files already downloaded with the 1st upgrade.
- installServices: This flag to indicate to install the Service.
- installWebApplication: This flag to indicate to install the web application.
- SVNFilesDownloadPath : Location, where we are downloading the SVN files in our example location, is D:\SVNScript from point 1.
- currentVersion : current client application release number. In the above command example, client current release is 18051911
targetVersion: Where client planing to upgrade the application. In the above command example, client planed target release is 19051912
- instanceName: This is an optional parameter, if we are running the multiple instances in the same server we need to pass this value, this instance name will be collected from APP_RELATIVE_URI_PREFIX= key value from the self-hosted properties files. In this example instance name client represented the Multiple (SideBySide) instances in the same server, it will be like Beta / Prod/client Etc.
While executing the script please follow the screen instructions below:
First, It will download the available svn repository files between the current and target versions.
Next, it will prompt the service user credentials please provide them along with domain name like below screenshot
(created in step 3 of Upgrading from 7.1702 to 7.1704)
Please ensure that the User name is entered in the "domain-name\username" format; in our example, it is "WIN10-PC\Administrator".
- Next, It will prompt for environment.properties files like below:
- After click OK it will open file open dialog box like below please set the path and select the self-hosted.properties file and click open:
- Next, It will prompt for secure.properties files like below:
- After click OK it will open file open dialog box like below please set the path and select the secure.properties file and click open:
- After selected the secure properties files it will start running migration script if any.
- Next, it will uninstall all the existing installed services.
- Next, It will install all the services.
- Next, It will install the web application.
- Finally, it will upload the report files and successfully complete the upgrade process.
|title||If Target version is 1903 or we are Jumping 1903 First time |
QuestionRevisioningMigration utility will migrate user tracking data for the project shared questions. Follow the steps below to execute the QuestionRevisioningMigration utility.
Open Command prompt as Administrator.
Change folder location to D:\SVNScript \7.1903\web\web\QuestionRevisioningMigration.
Type QuestionRevisioningMigration.exe <CONNECTION_STRING> "projectshare" and press Enter, <CONNECTION_STRING> is your ExamDeveloper database connection string, which is the same as the value of the CONNECTION_STRING token from the secure.properties file.
Example: QuestionRevisioningMigration.exe "Data Source=WIN-VSGF1NBSVPB;Initial Catalog=ExamDeveloper;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=ExamDev;Password=P@s$w0rd" "projectshare"
This is a long-running process that will take some time based on the data available in the database.
The command prompt screen will tell you how many Question version updates completed and show the progress of migrating question revisioning data.
If there were any error, you can find them here: D:\SVNScript\7.1903\web\QuestionRevisioningMigration\logs\QuestionRevisioningMigration.log and D:\SVNScript\7.1903\web\QuestionRevisioningMigration\logs\QuestionRevisioningMigrationPerformance.log.