Date available on Pearson VUE Hosted Server: Thursday, November 21, 2019
Potential date available for Remote Deployment Installations:
Click the links below to expand the explanation for the enhancement.
Image Annotation editor in Point and Click items and when adding comments on assets
The ability to zoom in and out on images was added to the Image annotation editor.
By default the Image Annotation editor displays the image at 100% zoom. Large images may not be completely visible in the editor, so scroll bars appear on the right and bottom sides of the editor. The image annotation editor allows you to zoom in and zoom out on images allowing you to focus on specific details within the image, or to view the entire large image within the editor.
In the Image Annotation editor window, click the Zoom In button to enlarge the image within the editor. Use the scroll bars on the right and bottom edges of the editor if the entire image cannot be viewed in the editor.
In the Image Annotation editor window, click the Zoom Out button to make the image smaller within the editor.
- When you zoom in or out on images that include shapes and text, the shapes and text fields retain their proportion to the image size.
- When you edit a text field on an image that is zoomed out, the text field enlarges so you may edit the text. The image remains zoomed out. When you click away from the text field, the text field returns to the smaller zoomed out size.
Create/Edit exam form
By default, when you add Display, Constructed Response/Oral, and Compound items to an exam, these item types are set to Experimental and will not be scored. Previously these items types were marked as scored by default.
The experimental setting in the user interface is set as follows when you insert these items into an exam:
- Display item type: Experimental is selected, and the check box is disabled. Display type items are never scored so you cannot change this setting.
- Constructed Response/Oral item type: Experimental is selected, but the check box remains enabled so users can have the item scored by deselecting experimental.
- Compound item type: Experimental is selected, but the check box remains enabled so users can have the item scored by deselecting experimental.
- When an exam import contains these item types, if the experimental value is configured the default rules are not applied to these item types. These items are imported as experimental items. If the experimental value is null or not set by the user, then the default settings for the item type are applied and they are set as experimental.
These changes do not affect existing exams. If you have exams with Display, Constructed Response/Oral, or Compound items, the experimental values for those items remain unchanged.
QTI export for these item types:
Experimental is not selected
Experimental is selected
See the 4.1.1 Add an Exam Form topic for details.
This section has been removed. See the Known Issues in Releases topic for a list of know issues and a reference to when they were fixed.
Updated help topics in this release
The following help topics were updated in this release. Click the link to view the details on each topic.
- 1.2 Log into ExamDeveloper
- 2.4.6 Point and Click
- 3.3.4 Comment on Assets and Asset Stacks
- 4.1.1 Add an Exam Form